Salt Lake Community College, Jordan Campus
State-of-the-art conference rooms, meetings, rooms, and event space.
The SLCC Jordan Campus Student Center is a 2-story, 50,000 square foot, higher education building with complicated geometries. Project launch began in 2019 with design, detailing, value engineering, and fabrication. DuraFuse collaborated closely with the entire design and construction team throughout the process. Construction onsite commenced early in 2020 and continues on a smooth trajectory towards its scheduled finish line in 2021.
DuraFuse Frames brought tremendous value to this signature campus project by providing significant weight savings while accelerating fabrication and erection schedules during the value engineering process coupled with a competitive licensing fee and the following outlined benefits of incorporating this innovative product:
- Decreased frame weight
- Decreased fabricated frame cost
- Faster construction, erection, and fabrication
- Absence of field welding and absence of costly CJP shop welding
- Elimination of seismic bracing required by ANSI/AISC 341 Sec. D1.2
- Significant reduction in protected zone requirements per ANSI/AISC 341 Ch. D1.3 and I2.1
- Ability to depart from high-ductility seismic compactness limits, thus further enhancing economy
- Considerable decrease in owner inspection costs
- Better performance through increased joint stiffness and frame optimization
- Straightforward design and widely available materials and design/detailing tools
- Outstanding fragility curves leading to unmatched resilience characteristics
RAM Structural System was used to analyze and design the DuraFuse Frames system beam and column sizes and complete drift checks.